Fox News journalists Steve Centanni and Olaf Wiig converted to Islam at gunpoint before being released.
The thoughtful Islamic missionaries were kind enough to record the joyful event on video.
How to convert to Islam:
1. Quietly, to yourself, make the intention to embrace Islam as your faith.
2. Say the following words with clarity of intention, firm faith and belief:
3. Say: "Ash-hadu an la ilaha ill Allah." (I bear witness that there is no diety but Allah.)
4. Say: "Wa ash-hadu ana Muhammad ar-rasullallah." (And I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.)
5. Take a shower, symbolically cleansing yourself of your past life.
6. Learn how to pray and practice Islam in your daily life.
7. Continue to learn, study, and grow in your new faith.
1. Before embracing Islam, be sure to spend time studying the faith, reading books, and learning from other Muslims.
2. Your conversion should be based on knowledge, certainty, acceptance, submission, truthfulness, and sincerity.
3. It is not required to have Muslim witnesses to your conversion, but many prefer to have such support.
4. If you wish to go for Hajj (pilgrimage), a "certificate of Islam" may be required. Contact your local Islamic center to obtain one.
I'm sure you join me in wishing Steve and Olaf well in their new faith!