What should darkstar use as a slogan for his famous gift Christmas Chocolate Truffles?
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
"Hey, they're free."
20%
"What? You weren't really going to wear that swimsuit, anyway."
0%
"They're chocolate. They love you more than your spouse."
6%
"I promise I didn't lick my fingers before wrapping them this year..."
13%
"Gee, your fudgeballs smell terrific!"
26%
"Slightly less sinful than adultery"
13%
"The secret ingredient is...uh...love? Yeah, that's it..."
0%
"Cooks like a fudge, eats like a ball."
20%
Something else? Please comment...
0%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.3.10: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Light a new torch and look for tracks. The smell of decay may be coming from another corpse and it would be good to find it, as well as whatever may be on it.
0%
Drink the Repel Vermin potion and carefully make your way toward the smell of death and the sound of giant wasps.
20%
Drink the potion and continue exploring onward down the path.
0%
Don't drink the potion just yet, but move carefully off of the path toward the smell of decay and the buzzing sounds.
80%
Some other creative option? (please comment)
0%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.3.9: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Use another Light cantrip to make another torch and try to track the dead man's steps back where he came from.
10%
Drink the Repel Vermin potion and move forward in the moonlit forest parallel to the direction you were taking when you were on the path.
10%
Return to the path and continue along it, looking for evidence of the hive.
70%
Some other creative option? (please comment)
10%
How much pocket money do you normally have with you, on average?
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Less than a dollar.
10%
Between a dollar and ten bucks.
21%
$10-20
10%
$20-$40
36%
$40-$60
5%
$60-$80
5%
$80-$100
0%
$100-200
0%
$200-$500
5%
Over $500
5%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.3.8: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Cast a Light cantrip on a small stick to illuminate the immediate area. Search the body and scan for other evidence around it. You may be able to find out more information.
50%
Bury him and his belongings as best you can and then move back to the path. Continue onward to locate the wasp hive.
0%
Return to the path and continue onward to locate the wasp hive. You can deal with the dead body later.
40%
Some other creative option? (please comment)
10%
How did you find out about LF?
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Via MeFi
10%
Via Fark
10%
Via Everlasting Blort
5%
Via Memepool
0%
Via Slashdot
0%
Via BoingBoing
5%
By word of mouth...
5%
By accident...
26%
Some other way? (please comment)
36%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.3.7: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Attack the giant wasp in the path while you have the element of surprise!
9%
Drink the potion quickly. You must be very close to finding the hive and you'll need its protection.
9%
Wait a bit where you are, motionless. You don't want to drink the potion too soon or you may not find the hive before its effect wears off. Let the wasp go on its way and then keep walking down the path.
27%
Don't drink the potion just yet. Leave the path and cautiously follow the scent of the Tree of Sorrow blossoms.
54%
Some other creative option? (Please comment.)
0%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.3.6: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Accept the task. If Brother Owen is going to help your group with your problem, you can help him with his.
58%
Accept the task, but propose some kind of compensation in return. Aelric, Dan and Martelo aren't druids and they, at least, deserve some consideration for endangering their lives.
41%
Decline the task. There's no way you can withstand a swarm of aggressive, giant wasps. Suggest an alternative task to help the elder druid. (Please comment.)
0%
Some other creative approach? (Please comment.)
0%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.3.4: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Use ranged weapons to kill the dire boar from a distance. It will be safer that way.
30%
Attack the dire boar with close-range weapons, such as your spears and sword. It will be more honorable that way.
10%
Gather your things and continue your trek tonight, leaving the boar tethered. Perhaps you or someone else can come back in a day or two to free it, once you've reached Brother Owen.
50%
Try to find some way to free the boar but force it to run off, so it's no longer a threat. That way, you won't have to kill it. (Please comment details).
10%
Some other creative option? (Please comment details.)
0%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.3.3: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Use the rope to get Faye's bow and arrows to her. Have her fire at the boar as long as possible. She may be able to drive it off or kill it.
33%
Use the rope to create a sort of snare with which to try to trap the dire boar.
33%
Wait in the trees for a while, hoping the dire boar will eventually leave.
16%
Have everyone climb down and attack the dire boar en masse.
8%
Have Aelric use something else from your pack? (please comment details)
8%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.3.2: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Wait in the trees for a while to see what the boar does. Perhaps it will go away soon.
0%
Dash down from the tree, trying to avoid the boar and try to make it up Dan's tree so you can heal him before he loses much more blood from his wound.
10%
Climb down and attack the boar, yourself!
10%
Devise some kind of plan with the other party members! (please comment on details)
70%
Some other creative option? (please comment)
10%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.3.1: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Use your spear to attack!
27%
Use your sword to attack!
9%
Climb a tree to avoid the beast!
45%
Evade the charge and try to regroup with your party.
0%
Cast a magic spell! (please comment details)
18%
Some other creative option? (please comment details)
0%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.2.14: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Back to the caves! There are strange creatures roaming around. Plus there's an underwater tunnel to explore!
16%
Off to Morgan's Hollow! Bardo's horse may help you uncover some of the info you need in your quest. Plus, you can sell his horse for gold when you go to Amberlake!
16%
Off to Amberlake! It's time to sell this loot and get some coin. Plus, there's much to uncover in Amberlake related to your quest!
0%
Off to visit Brother Owen! He may have vital information about how Bardo got those potions and perhaps other insights that may help your quest. Plus, it may be good to meet your elder druid brother and introduce yourself.
66%
Some other creative option? (Please comment.)
0%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.2.13: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Go on another adventure now and postpone further level advancement until later.
0%
Study by yourself for a week to become a 2nd Level Ranger.
20%
Study with Milo for a week to become a 1st level Ranger / 1st level Fighter.
10%
Study with Mother Gert for a week to become a 1st level Ranger / 1st level Sorcerer.
20%
Study for one week with Mistress Faye to become a 1st level Ranger / 1st level Druid.
50%
Some other creative option? (please comment)
0%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.2.12: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Give him another chance. He's inexperienced, but will learn. You need the extra help in the party and Martelo should settle down now that he's been through this experience.
71%
Drop him from the party. He's a loose cannon out to prove something and you don't need that kind of headache, even if it means you will be one person fewer.
28%
Some other creative option? (please comment)
0%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.2.11: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Keep Durk bound, take him back to Foxglove for trial (and likely gibbetting) and to update them on what has happened. You can prepare for your next step (Amberlake, Morgan's Hollow, Brother Owen, back to the caves, etc.) once there.
50%
Let Durk go. Return to Foxglove to update them and to prepare for a trip to Amberlake or Morgan's Hollow.
0%
Let Durk go. Head on to Brother Owen's from here.
7%
Let Durk go. Inspect the cave and surroundings to learn more about these visitors.
0%
Recruit Durk. If this selection wins, then Durk will join the group, which will take the action of the most popular of the "Let Durk Go" options, above.
42%
Some other creative option? (please comment)
0%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.2.10: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Gag and bind Durk. Continue to hide in the thicket and try to stay the night. Set out a watch, to alert you if the new visitors begin to approach you.
30%
Gag and bind Durk. You and Mistress Faye scout the visitors to see what kind of danger they may pose or whether you might be able to take them by surprise.
10%
Gag and bind Durk. Try to work your way around the hill or another way down the hillside to avoid the visitors.
0%
Let Durk go. Continue to hide in the thicket and try to stay the night. Set out a watch, to alert you if the new visitors begin to approach you.
0%
Let Durk go. You and Mistress Faye scout the visitors to see what kind of danger they may pose or whether you might be able to take them by surprise.
20%
Let Durk go. Try to work your way around the hill or another way down the hillside to avoid the visitors.
10%
Kill Durk now. Continue to hide in the thicket and try to stay the night. Set out a watch, to alert you if the new visitors begin to approach you.
0%
Kill Durk now. You and Mistress Faye scout the visitors to see what kind of danger they may pose or whether you might be able to take them by surprise.
10%
Kill Durk now. Try to work your way around the hill or another way down the hillside to avoid the visitors.
0%
Some other creative option? (Please comment.)
20%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.2.9: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
One or two of you can make periodic forays back to the cave to retrieve loot for the rest of the day, bringing out as much as possible before nightfall.
40%
Interrogate Durk about the cave and the raiders.
50%
Go on your own patrol to investigate the surrounding area.
10%
One or two of you can return to the cave alone to investigate the underwater tunnel. (Explain how.)
0%
Some other creative option? (Please comment.)
0%
Best line ever to come out of a Simpsons' episode?
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Clowns are funny.
0%
A counterfeit jeans ring operating out of my carhole!
0%
The frogurt is also cursed.
8%
This elevator only goes to the basement... and someone made an awful mess down there.
0%
It tastes like burning.
33%
My eyes! Ze goggles, zey do no-sing.
0%
Well, I'd expect this kind of language at Dennys, but not here!
8%
Yay, sleep! That's where I'm a viking!
25%
"Sex Cauldron??!! I thought they shut that place down!"
0%
Another? (please comment)
25%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.2.8: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
You decide to vacate the cave now but remain in the area for the night. Gather some of the choicest loot quickly and all withdraw from the cave to set up a hidden camp outside, just in case any other raiders return.
40%
You decide to finish cleaning out the cave, carrying the goods and other items out to the cave entrance where you can do a thorough inventory of everything in the light. Have Mistress Faye set a watch outside.
13%
You decide to return to the village now. Leave the goods in the cave where they are and return to Foxglove to inform them that the raiding party is eliminated.
0%
You decide to devise some way to explore the underwater tunnel in the pool. (Please comment with suggestions on how you might do this.)
20%
You decide to interrogate the captured raider Durk, now.
20%
Consider some other creative option? (Please comment.)
6%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.2.7: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Continue to search and clear the cavern and the two adjoining tunnels/rooms, being on guard in case of any remaining raiders.
80%
Report what you've found to Mistress Faye and Martelo and get their help and advice.
0%
Figure out a way to safely explore that underwater tunnel -- there is something in there!
10%
Withdraw from the cave and interrogate Durk, your captive raider.
10%
Some other creative option? (Please comment)
0%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.2.6: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Try to safely retrieve the magical torch. You can use it to search the cavern as well as to see what is in the rest of the cave.
50%
Leave the magical torch where it is, light your own torch and continue to search the cavern you're in.
33%
Try to search the cavern you're in, despite the current dimness.
0%
Explore one of the adjoining tunnels swiftly, despite the dimness, before any other raiders can launch a counterattack.
0%
Return to the cave entrance to let Mistress Faye and Martelo know what has happened and get their suggestions.
8%
Shout out for any remaining raiders to surrender or be killed.
8%
Some other creative solution? (please comment)
0%
Do you know your credit rating (FICO score)?
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Nope!
31%
800-850
0%
750-799
31%
700-749
12%
650-699
6%
600-649
0%
550-599
0%
500-549
6%
450-499
0%
Below 450
12%
Coolest?
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Chow Yun Fat
54%
Jean Reno
45%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.2.5: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Wait there just inside the tunnel opening to see what else happens.
0%
Dash in and attack the raider who picked up the torch before he can do anything with it, while you can still see him.
41%
Step into the cavern slowly, continuing to advance but not yet attacking.
8%
Shout out to the raiders that they are surrounded and outnumbered, and to surrender or be killed.
16%
Some other creative option? (please comment)
33%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.2.4: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Continue as you are, walking as silently as possible to the cavern opening to see what might be in there.
36%
Leave the torch behind and make your way to the cave opening to see if you can detect anything.
9%
Throw the glowing torch into the cave. It may help light the space so you can see what's in there.
45%
Dash into the cave as fast as possible to gain the initiative to deal with raiders that may be in there.
9%
Shout out to the raiders that they are surrounded and outnumbered, and to surrender or be killed.
0%
Some other creative option? (please comment)
0%
Silver Pool Campaign, Episode 1.2.3: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Mistress Faye suggests all of you retreat from the cave back into open air. You can decide what to do once you're outside again.
0%
Dan suggests Mistress Faye stay with Martelo where they are to guard the cave entrance. Dan, Aelric and you can take advantage of your momentum to follow the raiders into the tunnel before they can organize a defense.
57%
Aelric suggests remaining inside the cave where you are, defending your position. Rest a while and decide what to do after you've had a chance to consider things a bit more.
14%
You could shout out that the raiders are trapped and surrounded and will be killed if they do not surrender. Urge them to give themselves up.
0%
You could leave Martelo alone as a lookout at the cave entrance. Tell him to shout if anyone approaches the cave. The other four you will head into the cave after the remaining raiders.
0%
Some other creative option? (Please comment, below.)
28%
The Silver Pool Campaign 1.2.2: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Dan likes your earlier idea to create a distraction outside the cave to draw them out. Some kind of sound that won't alarm the raiders, but would entice them...like maybe a succulent animal? A wild hog, perhaps?
0%
Aelric still thinks you should wait and watch a while. You're in no rush to attack - the raiders will have to come out of the cave in time, anyway. When they do, you can attack them by surprise.
12%
Martelo is still concerned about the risk of waiting and having more raiders arrive. He still wants to take them by surprise. If they've been drinking, they'll be sluggish and easy to take now before they sober up!
12%
Mistress Faye suggests that you could set up an ambush at the latrine. The raiders go there one at a time and you could pick one off, improving your chances a bit.
62%
There is still a possibility of shouting out to the raiders in the cave that they are surrounded and if they do not surrender, they will be killed.
0%
Some other creative option? (please comment below)
12%
The Silver Pool Campaign 1.2.1: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Dan suggests you inspect the debris and tracks around the cave, first. Perhaps that will give you a better idea of whether the raiders are here or have already gone.
33%
Aelric thinks you should wait and watch a while. You're in no rush to attack - maybe you can learn something by observing.
0%
Martelo is concerned about the risk of waiting and having more raiders arrive. He wants to go ahead and check out the cave. It looks like the raiders are already gone. If they are still here, they won't be expecting a frontal assault!
0%
Mistress Faye suggests that she scope around and see what her nature sense tells her. Sometimes the plants and animals in an area can tell a lot about a situation...
33%
Another possibility comes to mind: that you shout out to the raiders in the cave that they are surrounded and if they do not surrender, they will be killed.
11%
Another possibility comes to mind: create a distraction outside the cave to see whether it draws anyone out of the cave. It could facilitate things if you don't have to fight the raiders in the dark cave...
22%
Some other creative option? (please comment)
0%
The Silver Pool Campaign 1.1.10: Please read the first comment (click on View Results) below and THEN choose your preferred action.
Posted by darkstar 10 years ago, closed 10 years ago
Of course I'll do it. And I recommend we start with the market trip to Amberlake. We can get more funds for the reconstruction and I might be able to find some information in the larger town. And I can always say I'm checking out the livestock market.
22%
Of course I'll do it. And I recommend we start with the trip back to the raider's cave. It will be important to get any information there before they can regroup. I can claim I'm tracking down animals in the wilderness.
44%
Of course I'll do it. And I recommend we start by going to see Brother Owen. He may be able to give us valuable information on Bardo and perhaps who was putting him up to these raids. I can say I'm consulting him on where the missing livestock may be.
33%
Perhaps. But I'll need more than two silver pieces per week. That's barely enough to buy a few tankards of ale!
0%
No, I've already been too involved in all this as it is. Someone could get killed!
0%
Some other creative solution? (please comment)
0%